Please see attachment for our response.
The Agency has implemented or is in the process of implementing the following practices and policies in order to improve timely delivery:
- created a centralized point of contact within each of the Agency’s Branches to provide greater accountability;
- established a forum with ATIP Branch contacts in order to communicate best practices and improve delivery;
- modernizing the search and retrieval process to reduce paper burden and delivery times;
- acquiring new case management and redaction software (Access Pro Suite);
- interim funding for consultants and scanner ($255K) has been allocated for the fiscal year;
- streamlining the approval process by revising our Delegation Order;
- establishing a process for informal requests of previously disclosed records;
- encouraging the informal release of records by Agency employees;
- developing internal ATIP procedures manual for better consistency; and
- updating ATIP training materials to better educate employees on their responsibilities.
The CFIA has also completed a business case requesting additional resources. A copy of our business case as well as a report prepared by Sussex Circle on modernizing and strengthening the ATIP process at the Agency, has been included for your information.